The HomePod is Apple’s answer to Alexa & Co. The Smart Speaker doesn’t match the market leader Amazon’s or Google’s AI yet, instead it offers outstanding 360° sound. The digital assistant, Siri, is also interactive and becomes a DJ on request. There is scope for improving HomePod’s ability to hold long conversations and understand more complex requests.
17.2cm x 14.2cm
Accelerometer, Touch Sensors
HIGHLIGHTS 360° Sound Field
1. Plug the HomePod in (it starts up automatically) and enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the iOS device.
2. Connect it to an iOS device (a window with configuring instruction will appear.)
3. Follow the instructions on your iPhone/iPad.
4. Resetting helps when there are problems with the WiFi (there will be an explanation from Apple.)
5. To talk to the HomePod, use the activation phrase “Hey Siri.”
6. Play music and suggest new songs.
7. Set up smart home devices with the Home app.
8. Schedule appointments with the help of the intelligent assistant, Siri.